Question

playing playbooks through sonos

• 2 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a Google Pixel 3 and wanted to play an audio book through the SONOS app which was purchased via the Google Play Store. how do I accomplish this task?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @steph19578, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

I would like to know what kind of audiobook are you referring to.

We can add Audible, Audiobook.com, Bookmate, and other audiobook services available to be added to the Sonos system.

We can also connect the mobile device to the speaker; if the audiobook app has the feature “connect to device” and the like.

In any case, there’s ways to have audiobooks play on our Sonos speakers.

Hi Kyle A , I purchased an audio book through the Google Play Books store. I usually listened to the audio in my car via Bluetooth. I would like to be able to listen to that same book at home. I have not found an effective way to accomplish this task.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @steph19578, thank you for the clarification.

I found this support article from google. Buy & listen to audiobooks.

Under “Export the audio files”, you can export the audio file with a computer then transfer the M4A file to your phone.

M4A is an audio format we support and since this is an android device the option “On this device” in the Sonos app available;

The Sonos App should be able to use the M4A as the audio source for your Sonos speakers.

A disclaimer is also mentioned, some books may have restrictions from being exported.

If you have trouble exporting, I would recommend calling Google for support.

In any case, I’ll tag this thread as a feature request to support Google Play Books in the Sonos app.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.