Playing on cellphone?

• 14 July 2018
  • 6 replies

I've got a greenhouse where I can relax in the evening. No power is avaiable. I want sonos 1 battery run but for some strange reason it's not developed yet.

A compromise could be playing Sonos on my phone (network works fine) - but though I can play the songs from my cell on Sonos it seems like I can't find out how to make it work "the other way around"

Can anyone tell me how to play sonos over my phone ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I've got a greenhouse where I can relax in the evening. No power is avaiable. I want sonos 1 battery run but for some strange reason it's not developed yet.

A compromise could be playing Sonos on my phone (network works fine) - but though I can play the songs from my cell on Sonos it seems like I can't find out how to make it work "the other way around"

Can anyone tell me how to play sonos over my phone ?

It won't work the other way around but you can hack a battery to the Play:1. There are DIY videos out there.
Ok, Boris. Not the answer I wanted but good to know so I won't spend more time looking. Thanks
Get a good bluetooth portable speaker like a JBL Charge 3. Download music for offline listening from one of the many internet music services. Stream to the speaker without need of power or even WiFi/Internet in places more remote than the greenhouse.

I doubt Sonos will ever deliver you such capability.
I was looking here because it would be a great way to play my TV sound over my phone at night or if I want to leave the room for a moment. Headphones connected to my phone playing one of the sonos sources, like the TV would be fantastic
The problem is that your phone is only the "remote control" of the Sonos system, there's not actually any sound running through the app, much like there's no video running through your remote control for the TV.

Sonos would have to completely change the way it works. And the bandwidth necessary in your home would double or triple
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I was looking here because it would be a great way to play my TV sound over my phone at night or if I want to leave the room for a moment. Headphones connected to my phone playing one of the sonos sources, like the TV would be fantastic

You can achieve this with wireless radio headphones that connect to your TV audio out (3.5mm if you have a good TV).