Answered

Playing my downloads

• 25 July 2021
  • 4 replies

I would like to play music that I have downloaded into my Mac through my Sonos system. How is that done?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 July 2021, 01:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

1. Open the Sonos app for macOS.
  2. From the Manage menu, select Music Library Settings.
  3. Click + (plus) on macOS.
  4. If you use iTunes or are not sure where your music is stored, select My Music folder. If your music is not located in the My Music folder, select the appropriate option.
  5. Type in your computer’s password if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete adding your music library. Depending on the size of your music library, it may take several minutes to index.

Thanks for the input. ‘My Music Folder’ is not an option on the drop down. Seems like it should be, but oh well. ‘My Cloud Home’ is there, but I have never used it. Maybe it’s time to start. 

thx

Thanks for the input. ‘My Music Folder’ is not an option on the drop down. Seems like it should be, but oh well. ‘My Cloud Home’ is there, but I have never used it. Maybe it’s time to start. 

thx

Maybe see if this YT video can assist you further…

This did it. I can now play ‘some’ of what’s in my Mac. I assume that the rest will be discovered shortly. It said it may take a while for everything to be available. Thank you very much.

Nick