Question

Playbase fails to connect

• 16 November 2017
  • 7 replies

My playbase no longer connects to my system. It was previously working along with a sub and 2 Sonos play 1 surrounds. The other units are still visible in the controller. I have reset my router and the playbase without any success. I have connected the playbase directly to my router, the unit connects but then it is lost again when I move it back onto WiFi (I also have a boost). The unit is next to the sub which doesn’t have connection issues. I have submitted a diagnostic, 8093738. Many thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Badge
Hello Al,

I would send this via email to support@sonos.com, they will reply within 24 hours. They will also be able to view your diagnostic information and give you feedback based on that. If there is a physical problem with the machine, they will be able to assist you with repairs as well.

Best of luck, that sounds like a very frustrating issue. You have done all that I would have done.
Thanks, I thought they’d pick it up here but will contact them directly.
Badge
They should, but I noticed it had been more than a day. My experience with email is that it has never taken this long to get help.
Badge
I was just fixing a similar problem related to my playbase, which is why I found your thread. I had to try two ethernet cables to finally get the system to recognize the play base, but once that was all working my play 5 dropped out and then the router lost connectivity to the internet. What worked for me was the sequencing of restarting--I shut the playbase and router down, unplugged the play base from the router, restarted the router. Once the router was up and working properly again, I plugged the play base back into the power but not the router. Then everything came back, with all of our Sonos speakers working on WiFi. I did nothing to the Play 5, but it reappeared after the play base was disconnected from the router and the hard restarts on router and play base.

Still, this was way too much work to make a piece of equipment that cost more than the TV to fit with our system, and I've submitted diagnostics and feedback through email.

I know you've got a slightly different issue and have tried a similar approach but it wasn't clear to me if you had tried this shut down/power up sequence.
Ha, will give it a go, still waiting on a reply from support. Lugging the Playbase up and down stairs to the router every time is a bit tedious!
I have the same problem, my playbase has the white flashing light all the time..... done everything, reset, reset wifi, ahrd reset and none has worked
Badge
I have the same problem, my playbase has the white flashing light all the time..... done everything, reset, reset wifi, ahrd reset and none has worked

Mine was doing the same, Geza. I tried the Mac controller, IOS controller, and Android. What finally worked to get the system to recognize it for me, after the factory reset, was to power the playbase down and then connect it via ethernet to the router, then plug it back in. I tried that using an ethernet cable we had open already but that didn't work. When I did it with the cable provided with the Playbase it finally did.

That said, once it was set up I had a massive router/connectivity problem in our household. I described above how that was resolved. Things are working fine now.

Ha, will give it a go, still waiting on a reply from support. Lugging the Playbase up and down stairs to the router every time is a bit tedious!

No doubt it is tedious!! My husband would say we should charge Sonos for our time. :)

Hope the shared experience is helpful and (fingers crossed) even solves things for you both.