Answered

Playbar wall mount under TV VS tabletop

• 14 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6
Hello to all,
I'm wondering to buy a playbar (truly still haven't decided yet between playbar and playbase).
I have a B6V LG OLED TV with a central stand, not wall mounted, so my question are:
1) Should I choose a playbar or playbase - which sounds better, paired with the Sonos SUB?
2) If I will choose the Playbar, after trueplay, are there any big differences between installing it wall mount and tabletop?

Question #2 is important because, in any case, I will NOT mount the playbar on wall. If I will chose the playbar, I thank to buy together with Flexson playbar stand in order to let the playbar became a base for my TV.

Thanks in advance for your support.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 November 2017, 22:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6
Nobody?
OK, since you want input:

1) No idea. I'd assume that they both sound about the same, as the fact that you're adding the SUB would cause both devices to assign the frequencies below X to the SUB. So it's likely an aesthetic decision on your part.

2) The purpose of TruePlay is that there's no significant difference, no matter what the mounting method. TruePlay can't, however, fix unintelligent placement, though. So mounting the device behind a curtain, or under a couch wouldn't be rectified by TruePlay. But it should be able to deal with the difference between sitting on a cabinet or mounting on the wall.
Userlevel 1
Badge +6
Thank you very much 🙂
You're most welcome - I think. Hopefully helpful information 🙂