Answered

Playbar stopped working suddenly

• 16 September 2018
  • 7 replies

While watching TV, Sonos playbar stopped working suddenly. It is not playing music from TV or appearing on the Sonos app. When I open up songs app it gives me a message that 'It looks like one of your speakers could be unplugged. Go to Room settings to see which one is missing' I have checked the playbar and it is connected to power. Any ideas? thanks
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 September 2018, 16:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Try rebooting it, by unplugging it from the wall for a minute. Check to make sure the plug has power (not controlled by a wall switch, for example). But if that changes nothing, your best bet would be to call Sonos on Monday.
Thanks @Airgetlam
I have exactly the same issue. It stopped this evening while I was watching TV, suddenly no sound. The room no longer shows up in the Sonos app and under room settings it shows (?+LS+RS+Sub)
The ? Means that somehow, your PLAYBAR dropped off the network in some way...and isn’t fully recognized by the controller properly. I’d probably start with a simple power cycle (unplug it from the wall, wait a minute, then plug it back in.
I’ve done that, no change. The LED is not lit; I don’t think I ever set it to stay unlit, but presumably the reset would have undone that anyway?
I think that setting is saved across reboots....but I’m not sure, and not at home to test.

What happens when you connect it with an Ethernet cable?

In all honesty, at this point, you may be better off dealing with Sonos directly, either through their 24/7 support on Twitter and Facebook, or calling in to the phone lines on Monday.