Answered

playbar + projector + denon + firestick= No sound

• 3 November 2019
  • 5 replies

I have an Epson home cinema 4010 projector that I am trying to connect with my Sonos Playbar. I have it connected through a DENON AVR-X1600H. 

The goal is to play my firestick through my projector using the Playbar for sound. I purchased a HDMI converter so I’d have the optical port to convert sound. I have it connected and everything is working but no sound. I need help!!

Current setup 

Projector HDMI >Converter (out)

Converter (in) > Denon HDMI (out)

Converter audio(out) > Playbar audio (in)

Firestick > Denon HDMI (in)

NO SOUND!!  Can someone HELP PLEASE!!

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 3 November 2019, 15:20

What signal is being sent to the Playbar? Sonos only supports Dolby Digital, not DTS or DD+ for 5.1 sound. 

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

What signal is being sent to the Playbar? Sonos only supports Dolby Digital, not DTS or DD+ for 5.1 sound. 

Would sound not be converted from the HDMI in the converter to the playbar? At least that was my hopes. Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

sorry. I thought I responded to you and not the general post. 

Would sound not be converted from the HDMI in the converter to the playbar? At least that was my hopes. Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Unless I’ve misunderstood, the HDMI converter is an HDMI connector at one end and Optical at the other. It sends the signal being played through it, from source to destination - from Denon to Playbar.

Whatever source is providing the audio signal, in this case the Denon, it needs to be set to send a Dolby Digital output.

Unless I’ve misunderstood, the HDMI converter is an HDMI connector at one end and Optical at the other. It sends the signal being played through it, from source to destination - from Denon to Playbar.

Whatever source is providing the audio signal, in this case the Denon, it needs to be set to send a Dolby Digital output.

I believe that’s the problem. The firestick is connected to the denon but it doesn’t have an audio out (optical) to go into the playbar. There’s only an audio in for the denon and audio in for the playbar. When I connect the optical from denon to playbar still no sound.