Question

Playbar Power Cable?

• 17 September 2017
  • 4 replies

In order to wall mount my playbar I need a really short power cable.
I'm unable to find one that fits the playbar even though it uses a standard 'figure eight' input. The figure eight sits deep in the play bar so the shorter cables i've found don't fit properly.

Sonos have previously pointed me to Flexson branded cables, but they don't sell anything short with a US end.

Has anyone found a power cable that works with the playbar that is 1ft or 2ft long?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Flexson sell this with a UK end - https://www.flexson.com/accessories/short-cable-uk-white
I want the same thing but with a US end.
Why don't you buy the UK one, go to the local hardware store, and get a plug that you can splice in to the cable after cutting it to length?
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Why don't you buy the UK one, go to the local hardware store, and get a plug that you can splice in to the cable after cutting it to length?

I would advise against this approach as it could potentially cause problems and is not entirely safe. mattnz have you by chance reviewed the building codes where you live to determine if passing the power cable through the wall is legal? You may want to consult with a local installer if you have not.
OK, Andy, I'm on board with that.

Would you be so kind as to ask your bosses to start selling cables in lengths starting at 6 inches, and increasing by 1 inch until they reach their maximum safe length?