Answered

Playbar incompatible S1

Hi

new to all this, have just brought a Sonos Playbar, downloaded the Sonos app but when I try to setup the bar after pressing the buttons on the side as requested I get a message saying 

Playbar incompatible

You need the modern Sonos app to set up your system using this product.

To add this modern product to your legacy app, set up a legacy product first then add Playbar.

I do not understand this as I am using the latest version of the app, any help appreciated as I am losing patience with this.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by John B 31 May 2020, 18:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

You have bought a Playbar from someone who was in a Sonos Beta program.  It should work when Sonos launch S2 on 8 June, but not before.  Do you have other Sonos speakers already?

Thanks for the reply John, I have factory reset the playbar would that not clear any original data.

I have 2 Sonos ones which I am going to use as rear surrounds with the playbar.

Nope, sorry, factory reset insufficient in this case.  There has never before been a situation of having two parallel Sonos systems as will soon be the case.  Your Playbar belongs in another world, yet to be experienced!

I have 2 Sonos ones which I am going to use as rear surrounds with the playbar.

That should be fine.  All S2 compliant.

So will it work normally once S2 is launched to the general public and when is that ?

Yes it should be fine then - 8 June.

That's a shame, was hoping to experience a nice bit of surround sound with a couple of new films I got, looks like I have just got to wait.

Could I set up the one’s as a stereo pair to enjoy a bit of music first and then add the Playbar once S2 goes live or am I asking for trouble 

That would be fine - no need to wait.  You will just be in the same position as the rest of us.

A pair of Ones sounds great - let us know what you think!

Thanks for the replies John, I will let you know how I get on.

Well set the 2 one’s up and very happy with the sound, just waiting to get the full effect of surround with the Playbar now.