Answered

Play1 vs boost, which is stronger

• 24 May 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
Just purchased a play5 to go with my two play1's but had a question about hard-wiring a single play1 vs only wiring a boost (I would have to order one). Is the boost signal stronger than the play1? The 5 will be used for indoor/outdoor so that wouldn't be able to be wired so it comes down to me using an existing play1 vs purchasing a boost and using that. Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by Chris 24 May 2017, 03:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The Boost is a little stronger on paper, but if the 1 can be conveniently wired and things work well, that is the way to save some money. The Boost extra may not be needed/useful in your specific situation and in that case, a waste.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I think the consensus has been that the boost is designed to better reject other wifi signals but distance wise etc. it really isn't different vs. just a Play:1 being used. If you don't have a difficult wifi situation with a lot of neighbors etc. I don't think it is going to make any difference at all.
Badge +2
Thanks for the tip!! I'll try using the play 1 first.