Answered

Play YouTube Live Stream on Sonos

• 12 January 2022
  • 4 replies

I subscribed to YouTube Premium so I can listen to my favourite YouTube music on Sonos. However, I am unable to find YouTube Live Streams on Sonos. My favourite DJs often stream live and I want to play those on my Sonos speakers.

How can I do this please?

icon

Best answer by John B 12 January 2022, 18:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

OK, so the issue is with Google’s approach to YT implementation in Sonos. Got it.

The YouTube Music implementation in the Sonos app contains what YouTube (i.e. Google) chose to implement via the Sonos API.  I don’t have YTM installed, but from reports it is one of the least complete music service implementations.  It would therefore not be a surprise if this feature is not implemented.  I don’t know that for sure, though.

Your other options would be to use Airplay if you have iOS devices, or Bluetooth.  Bluetooth could be used via a Sonos Roam or using a Bluetooth receiver with a Sonos device with a line-in port.

Yes I have. I can play individual tracks and playlists, but not Live Streams.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have you added YouTube as a Music Service within the Sonos App?