Answered

Play YouTube Live Stream on Sonos

• 12 January 2022
  • 4 replies

I subscribed to YouTube Premium so I can listen to my favourite YouTube music on Sonos. However, I am unable to find YouTube Live Streams on Sonos. My favourite DJs often stream live and I want to play those on my Sonos speakers.

How can I do this please?

icon

Best answer by John B 12 January 2022, 18:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have you added YouTube as a Music Service within the Sonos App?

Yes I have. I can play individual tracks and playlists, but not Live Streams.

The YouTube Music implementation in the Sonos app contains what YouTube (i.e. Google) chose to implement via the Sonos API.  I don’t have YTM installed, but from reports it is one of the least complete music service implementations.  It would therefore not be a surprise if this feature is not implemented.  I don’t know that for sure, though.

Your other options would be to use Airplay if you have iOS devices, or Bluetooth.  Bluetooth could be used via a Sonos Roam or using a Bluetooth receiver with a Sonos device with a line-in port.

OK, so the issue is with Google’s approach to YT implementation in Sonos. Got it.