Answered

Play One's Separate

• 11 August 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi,

My Play One's which are about 3 months old have started separating on their own. They will play together, then can go quickly in and out of separation several times in the space of a single song.

I have cycled the power on them, I have separate them via the app, and then re-paired them...but sometimes during the very next song they will separate. It's always the right channel that stops playing and goes silent on me.

I have a BT Smart Hub, and no other routers, I have the Sonos app on my android phone, and no other controllers in the house, so I can't see what could be causing interferance, and they are up-to-date, could it be a faulty product?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 12 August 2018, 01:13

Well, there's never a 100% chance that it isnt a faulty product, but I'd say it's 99% more likely that there's an issue going on with your network that is causing this.

Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with the BT Smart Hub, but there have been a lot of complaints for the last couple years from the UK posters in this forum around them, so I'm immediately, albeit perhaps unjustly suspicious.

At the very least, I'd recommend a refresh of your wifi system. Unplug from power all of your Sonos devices. While they're unplugged, reboot your router. When the router has come back up, plug in one of the Sonos devices, and give it a minute or two before moving on to the next Sonos device.

That should 1) force your router to refresh itself, the DNS, and the DHCP table where IP addresses are stored and tracked, and 2) force the Sonos devices to forget their previous IP addresses, and request new ones from the freshly renewed DHCP table.

I *think* that might resolve your issues, but if it doesn't, then I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Well, there's never a 100% chance that it isnt a faulty product, but I'd say it's 99% more likely that there's an issue going on with your network that is causing this.

Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with the BT Smart Hub, but there have been a lot of complaints for the last couple years from the UK posters in this forum around them, so I'm immediately, albeit perhaps unjustly suspicious.

At the very least, I'd recommend a refresh of your wifi system. Unplug from power all of your Sonos devices. While they're unplugged, reboot your router. When the router has come back up, plug in one of the Sonos devices, and give it a minute or two before moving on to the next Sonos device.

That should 1) force your router to refresh itself, the DNS, and the DHCP table where IP addresses are stored and tracked, and 2) force the Sonos devices to forget their previous IP addresses, and request new ones from the freshly renewed DHCP table.

I *think* that might resolve your issues, but if it doesn't, then I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.