Question

Play one multiple user issue

• 17 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Hello..I recently set up my Sonos Play 1 and Sonos account. When I did the set up my phone connects great and plays my apple music. My wife and son downloaded the Sonos App and selected connect to existing speaker, but they can only see and play my Apple music. How do they play their Apple music from their device to speaker

4 replies

got it figured out
Just in case, the way to think about the Sonos system is that the controller is just a remote control. All of the "system" is at the speaker level, so whatever you see on your controller, anyone else who is connected can see the same thing. All of the streaming accounts, etc, are actually stored on the speakers, and not on the controller.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
So you have to add all Apple music accounts to Sonos separately. Every user has to pick his own account when playing music.
So you have to add all Apple music accounts to Sonos separately. Every user has to pick his own account when playing music.
I don't think it is quite accurate to say 'has to'. All account are available to all users, but individual controllers can be set to default to the user's own account.