Play Spotify to Sonos from my phone without being on WiFI

• 3 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello, been looking through this for ages before finally biting the bullet n asking. 

so basically my Sonos one and One SL are connected to my wifi 

but I don’t want to connect my iPhone to wifi just cuz it takes ages to do anything on my phone. I want to know is there a way I can connect my Spotify to my Sonos system, in a way that when I click the stream button my Spotify it comes up as a option if I’m connected to wifi or not 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @callum20, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. About your question on playing Spotify on Sonos without Wi-Fi, that would not be possible unless you have a Sonos soundbar like the Playbar, Beam, or the Sonos Arc that can play TV content. or line-in options on some Sonos speakers. You also have an option for Spotify Direct control, but it also needs Wi-Fi connectivity. you can check the article about Direct control on Sonos for more information. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.