Play 5 with line in stops playing when surfing the web

• 18 August 2018
  • 3 replies

I have a play 5 and I’m using the line in to watch Netflix on my iPad. The line in cable is conneced to a blue tooth device and then I connect my iPad to that via Bluetooth. I select “uncompressed” because if I select compressed the audio on Netflix gets out of synch with the video. Using uncompressed solves that problem. The issue is when playing music. If I’m playing music and then on my ipad go to a website using the ipad browser, the music stops playing through the play 5. This happens even if I turn the Bluetooth off / disconnect the ipad from the speaker blue tooth line in connection and just play music via WiFi (but still have the line in cable connected to the back of the play 5). Can you help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It happened multiple times this morning - 3 times in less than 5 minutes. I just submitted a diagnostic. The code is 636861691.
Was this ever solved?
I wouldn't think so. This is an "issue" with iOS, not with Sonos. It does the same thing for me when I'm using my iPad, and the normal iPad speakers, or a headphone. The browser is taking over the audio signal on the iPad.