Play 5 gen 1 upgrade programme not working

Hi Sonos community 

I’m owner play 5 gen1 with eligible for upgrade programme. Unfortunately when login to my account I can see my speaker eligible to programme. Sonos confirmed that speaker is eligible. How to claim this discount? 
Thank you !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7

Go to https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/user/offers/upgrade/ and tick the check box beside the eligible Play:5, then scroll down and click Upgrade.

The upgrade credit will be applied to your account for use against one purchase at full price. The upgrade credit can’t be used in conjunction with any other offer.

Hi Mr. T

thank you but there is no any speaker available in upgrade section when logged . But Sonos confirmed one of my play 5 is eligible… 

Userlevel 7

Hi Mr. T

thank you but there is no any speaker available in upgrade section when logged . But Sonos confirmed one of my play 5 is eligible… 

So the speaker doesn’t appear under the System tab online either?

Do you have another Sonos account with a different email address to which the speaker is registered?

Speaker is visible in system menu, is registered but doesn’t show is eligible. When go to upgrade section, I don’t see my speaker. Play is only registered to one email address.

Userlevel 7

Speaker is visible in system menu, is registered but doesn’t show is eligible. When go to upgrade section, I don’t see my speaker. Play is only registered to one email address.

If you previously upgraded the Play:5 then the upgrade credit will be available on your account.

If you add a product to the basket, is the 30% credit applied to the basket?

if you haven’t previously elected to upgrade the speaker, you will need to contact Sonos again to see how you can upgrade it.

One picture is from system menu and second from upgrade menu

I haven’t previously elected to upgrade the speaker. Trying get Sonos support. Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I haven’t previously elected to upgrade the speaker. Trying get Sonos support. Thank you for your help.

I’m having the same problem with 2 x 5’s (Gen 2). They show up on the Sonos website as being part of my system but they don’t appear in the upgrade page. Were you able to resolve this with Sonos? Many Thanks.

EDIT: My mistake, apologies; mine are ‘Fives’ so I don’t think they are eligible.

Does the lack of upgrade eligability mean the Play 5 has already been used to claim the discount? I am wondering the same. 

If indeed you have a PLAY:5 of either gen, and the upgrade isn’t available for that device, it does mean that the upgrade has been previously “consumed”.

You could also call Sonos Support directly to discuss it, just as a precaution. Generally speaking, looking at your profile on www.Sonos.com will show you which speakers are tied to your account, and if there are available discounts for a particular speaker, they’d show up there. 

Thanks, makes sense. 

1. Log in to your Sonos account on the Sonos website.
  2. Go to the "Upgrade" section of your account dashboard.
  3. If your eligible product is listed, click the "Upgrade Now" button.
  4. Follow the prompts to add your new product to your cart and complete your purchase.

If you don't see your eligible product listed in your account dashboard, try logging out and logging back in again, or contact Sonos customer support for assistance. I hope this helps!

1. Log in to your Sonos account on the Sonos website.
  2. Go to the "Upgrade" section of your account dashboard.
  3. If your eligible product is listed, click the "Upgrade Now" button.
  4. Follow the prompts to add your new product to your cart and complete your purchase.

If you don't see your eligible sheboygan scanner express product listed in your account dashboard, try logging out and logging back in again, or contact Sonos customer support for assistance. I hope this helps!

Hi all,

I’m reaching out as, unfortunately, Sonos support has been of little help with this issue.  I have a large music library on my local Synology NAS.  It’s been in use for years with no issues.  I have Sonos set to do an automatic re-scan of the library (using the built-in option) daily.  

About a month ago I noticed a large section of my library was missing from the Sonos app - mainly artists later in the alphabet - see attached screenshot.  I contacted Sonos support over chat and was told to try a manual update of the library and that fixed it - all of the artists reappeared in the app.  I thought maybe it was just a fluke and then later noticed, after the next automatic rescan, the artists had again disappeared.

I have now had 4 or 5 calls with Sonos support and it hasn’t been a great experience.  They have tried to suggest it’s a music tag issue (despite the fact the songs reappear after a manual library scan), they have told me “Just don’t use the automatic rescan” (despite the fact it’s a function in your software, not some hack I am doing), and the infamous “turn it all off and on again”.  

Other things that have been checked/confirmed:

1. Support says my library is not over the ~65K track limit
  2. I have tried changing the times of the automatic rescan in case maybe the NAS was overloaded or something at a given time (no effect)
  3. Both Synology and Sonos are on current SW
  4. Sonos Boost is hardwired to router, all Sonos devices talking via SonosNet
  5. Have removed and re-added library, as soon as the first auto-rescan happens, music disappears again

Just found this which sounds like the same issue I am having, but no resolution was posted:

I find that the SONOS units are impatient. If there is a network lag, something will time out and there’ll be an issue. The indexer seems to simply give up easily.

I can’t fully explain your issue where manual updates succeed while automatic updates fail. During the update one of the players will take charge and you don’t have much control over this choice. It could be the case where “auto” runs from a player with a less than stellar connection to the NAS and manual makes a better choice. The newer players will execute faster.

Try segmenting your library differently. Instead of setting up a single share, perhaps share/music, use separate shares, such as share/music/jazz, share/music/classical, etc. Up to 16 shares is supported. The indexer will process the shares individually and use less resources while processing each share — reducing the risk of a timeout. With respect to the library’s user interface, only the Folders view is impacted.

Personally, I have no use for the auto indexer. If I’m not adding any tracks or editing the library, there is no need to run the indexer. If I’m actively editing I prefer to check my work ‘now’, rather than discovering an issue tomorrow.