Play 3 vs Move

• 25 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

What speaker by itself sounds better?  Move or Play3?  Noticeable difference?  I'm assuming two play 3’s would sound better than a single Move?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You do know the Play 3 is discontinued…right? Also the theory as to which sounds better will come down to subjectivity of the listener.

Assuming you can do a A/B comparison there are differences in how each can be used and/or integrated with other Sonos. Doing research on both may help you decide which is more likely to fit into your specific use case.

Badge +2

Yes, just looking at used speakers and wanting to add to my house.  Just wanted to get best value for sound. This would be music mostly and maybe occasionally I would make them surrounds if I wanted to make a movie night a little more fun in my living room.   

Userlevel 7

Yes, just looking at used speakers and wanting to add to my house.  Just wanted to get best value for sound. This would be music mostly and maybe occasionally I would make them surrounds if I wanted to make a movie night a little more fun in my living room.   

Therein you have your answer…two Moves cannot be used as surrounds. So if using Sonos as surrounds is a possibility in the future you’ll still need the Play 3’s. If you want portability and Bluetooth capability as well as AirPlay2 you’ll also need the Moves 😊