Answered

Play:3 stopped working wireless

• 9 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Play:3 stopped working on wireless out of the blue. After factory reset, was able to connect via wired connection, but won't connect to wireless. Changed network providers a couple of months ago and was able to move the Sonos to the new network without a problem. Have tried all wireless networks in house. Looking for ideas. Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 9 March 2019, 01:56

With the Play 3 connected to your router, power it on and then open the Sonos App on the mobile device connected to your main WiFi.

Goto the App's ”Settings/Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup” and carefully follow the instructions and enter your new routers WiFi credentials (note they are case sensitive). Give it a minute and then disconnect the speaker from the router and see if it then connects to your WiFi.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

With the Play 3 connected to your router, power it on and then open the Sonos App on the mobile device connected to your main WiFi.

Goto the App's ”Settings/Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup” and carefully follow the instructions and enter your new routers WiFi credentials (note they are case sensitive). Give it a minute and then disconnect the speaker from the router and see if it then connects to your WiFi.
Ken...thanks for the reply. Tried doing that - no luck. However, I did manage to find a solution to the problem, but I'm not sure what caused it in the first place.

I eventually noticed that the network I was trying to use was 802.11n, while the app says that the Play:3 needs to be 802.11b or 802.11g. Logged into the router and saw that it was set to be either 802.11g or 802.11n. Once I set it to be strictly 802.11g, Play:3 connected right up. Now I don't know why it worked for 3 months and then suddenly went 'n' on me, but at least I'm up and running now. (Saved me $250 bucks too because now I can return the Bose SoundTouch 20 that I bought to replace the Play:3!)