Answered

Play 3 sounds bad

• 18 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Recently my play 3 has been sounding pretty horrible.. I own a play 1 play 3 and play 5 never any issues with the 1 and 5 just the 3.. possibly blown speaker ?!? I honestly never play the 3 loud which is in my kitchen area so I can’t seem to figure out what the issue is.. any help would be greatly appreciated !
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 August 2018, 00:10

It would need to be pretty darn moist in that kitchen to affect the speaker. I had a PLAY:3 in my bathroom for 2 years, and it never was impacted. It's not something I'd recommend, though. But unless the speaker was splashed, it's hard to conceive of the moisture content in a kitchen to be enough.

I'd recommend the OP contact Sonos to discuss it.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'd call in too but before you do set it to play something at a medium volume level and use a small bright light to peer through the grills (front and rear) to see if you can see anything torn or broken. Far easier to do before you are on the phone and needing three hands.

DO NOT open the unit, that makes Sonos very grumpy and your repair/replacement options are greatly reduced.
It would need to be pretty darn moist in that kitchen to affect the speaker. I had a PLAY:3 in my bathroom for 2 years, and it never was impacted. It's not something I'd recommend, though. But unless the speaker was splashed, it's hard to conceive of the moisture content in a kitchen to be enough.

I'd recommend the OP contact Sonos to discuss it.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
I might be jumping in with both feet here however been new to Sonos myself and researching a lot about the speakers. How old is the play 3?
My understanding is that the play 1 Sonos One and play 5 are the only speakers that are humidity tested I might be wrong.
Is it possible it is damaged because of excess moisture in the room