Answered

Play 1s not playing surround sound with beam

My 2 play 1s are not playing sound on surround sound setup with Beam.

Diagnostic: 1528408160
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 22 January 2019, 09:33

Ben2891 wrote:

Thanks for responding. Audio In: Dolby Digital 5.1

The type of Audio you were listening to can make a difference (i.e. TV or Film voice will only normally come from the Beam. ) Can you open the Sonos App>Settings>Room Settings>[Please select your Beam from the list]>Advanced Audio>Surround Settings and make sure that the Surrounds are set to 'On' and 'Music Playback' is set to 'Full'.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20
Hi

Can you check in the Sonos App>Settings>About My Sonos System and scroll down to your Beam. What is displayed next to Audio In?
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
Ben2891 wrote:

The type of Audio you were listening to can make a difference (i.e. TV or Film voice will only normally come from the Beam. ) Can you open the Sonos App>Settings>Room Settings>[Please select your Beam from the list]>Advanced Audio>Surround Settings and make sure that the Surrounds are set to 'On' and 'Music Playback' is set to 'Full'.
I've tried different formats: Films, TV, music but no difference. I'll adjust the settings as you suggest and will retest.
Thanks again.
Just wanted to close this out. Thanks again UKMedia for your help, I adjusted the settings you suggested, but the problem was with the cable box. When I noticed the surround worked with Apple TV, I realized the Time Warner box was the issue, sound settings weren't set to surround!
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
Thanks for letting us know, I'm glad everything is working now. :)

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings