Physical damage to speaker mounting plate of my play 5, where do i get it fixed?

• 11 January 2021
  • 6 replies

where do I get my play 5 repaired? speaker mounting plate is cracked causing distortion of the sound??

super tough getting through to the customer service at Sonos..

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @lbbrown851.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I would like to share some information to help out.

We do not have any authorized repair shop or service centers. From this point, I would recommend calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. It is best to contact our technical support team so they can dig deeper and find out what would be the better step to take and what is causing the issue as it may be an internal hardware fault. I understand that you are having challenges getting through Sonos’ customer service. However, we have also technical support via chat through the link provided to help you out.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, everyone can help you out.

Thanks,

Thanks Paul,

I took your advice and tried to chat. I held on the chat screen for more than 1.5hrs, clicked it again and it told me to try again later….

I know there is a email the CEO tab on one of the screens. Would that do me any good?

so far i’ve called and held 3 times for a  total of more than 1hr and held on the chat line

for many more hours...

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @lbbrown851.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

The “Email the CEO “tab is for any complains, bad experience, and any non-competitive experience you had experienced from Sonos which includes technical support, sales, or supervisor. We are still currently experiencing higher volumes than the usual. Feel free to use the “Email the CEO” if you deemed the situation is worth escalating. I’ll also coordinate this issue with one of our support team and see what can be done to help you out.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, everyone can help you out.

Thanks,

Paul, Finally got through yesterday and had a good chat with the tech guy Jax I believe. do you know if sonos will send a replacement speaker to me (one of the speakers inside my play five is bent)

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @lbbrown851.

Thanks for your update and immediate response. 

You will receive an email about how to proceed with the replacement process and in that email, you will have the option to choose between immediate or standard. All information will be discussed on the email so I suggest and highly recommend check your email and spam and please do read the entire email to fully understand what options we have and how to proceed with the chosen option.

Thanks,

thank you.