Answered

Pandora not working in Sonos app

• 16 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Pandora isn’t working this morning through the Sonos App.  Pandora does work from a browser window.  Spotify works fine in the Sonos app.  Hence, seems like a an issue specific to Sonos. Thought I would remove the Pandora service and re-add.  On the re-add, it kept saying to check the network and if the network was fine, to try again later.  Since the network is fine, I tried again later.  Now when I try to add the Pandora service to Sonos, I get a browser tab asking me to input my activation code.  I have no activation code and I see no way of getting one from my Arc.  I checked your status page and is says Pandora is fine.  Something is not right.

icon

Best answer by controlav 16 August 2020, 23:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Pandora is working for me, except for the My Music / Songs list which is broken right now. (Using the S1 desktop app and mine).

I should have mentioned I’m using the S2 app, version 12.0.3.  I think though that Pandora is having issues.  When I bring up Pandora on my phone, My Music isn’t available and they say that they are performing system maintenance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Pandora is having trouble today:

from downdetector.com

Sonos wants me to activate my pandora account. However at no point do I ever get an activation code. I need help ASAP! 

I am having the same issue. No activation code populates. This is a SONOS issue not Pandora as sONOS has to provide the authorization code. 

I think the issue was purely Pandora, not Sonos.  I was just able to re-add Pandora to the S2 app.  This time, rather than asking for activation code (Step 1), it went to straight to Step 2 where I could say I already have a Pandora account.  Step 3 was providing the Pandora login credentials.  I’m good and am enjoying music once again on my Arc.

Same issue. I can’t stream Pandora on Sonos (but I can hear Pandora elsewhere).
When I try to stream Pandora on Sonos, it asks for reauthorization.

When clicking on “authorize,” it goes on a website saying “Activation Code Not Valid. Try Again Another Code.”

However, it seems to be a Sonos issue, as Pandora is currently working on all my other devices not through Sonos.

I have a Pandora Premium Account.

Just tried again after reading above and the issue persists. 

Note that Pandora uses separate servers to feed the Sonos stream, versus other streaming devices. So when you connect via their app, or the web, you’re not connecting to the same server that they use for Sonos.