Answered

Panasonic TXP50ST60Y /Disabling internal speakers

• 16 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Hi

I have just bought a Sonos Playbar, and I need to disable the internal speakers. The playbar recognize the remote control but each time I turn the sound up it happens both on the tv and playbar, so I need to disable the internal speakers.

The TV is Panasonic TXP50ST60Y

Does anybody know how to do it?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 10 November 2017, 10:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Mbir. Thanks for reaching out to the Community. Are you still having troubles with your TV and PLAYBAR? If so, you may find some users in our Community have some helpful advice here.
Hi Keith - Thank you for your mail.

Yes, I still have the problem, but I will return the Playbar.

I think I need to buy another TV but I at present I don't want to that, so I have decided to return the Sonos playbar until I upgrade my tv to a model that can work with Sonos.

I have also looked through your community but without any luck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Found an article about 'Hotel' mode, not sure if it works as I don't have your TV but maybe worth a try:

The secretive hotel mode is mentioned in a bunch of places on the internet but apparently Panasonic denies it exists (unless you’re a hotel I guess). To access it on my particular version I had to hold down the -/V button on the side of the TV and press “AV” on the remote three times.

A menu then pops up providing access to a few settings including a maximum volume. Enable hotel mode and set the maximum volume to zero and you’ve effectively disabled the internal speakers
Hi UKmedia

Thanks - I'll try your suggestion tonight and share the result.
Dear UKMedia

You are a real star in the Sonos universe - it worked.

I have decided to keep the Sonos Playbar - I had actually already ordered the labels for the return.

Sonos owes you a couple of excellent bottles of red wine.

Thanks..
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Great news 🙂