Output level from the Sonos connect

• 23 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Dear Community

I'd like to play my music through my Denon AVR 2313 via Sonos connect.

But I have to play with the volume level set at 70-80% - to be able to hear the music - can that be right?

Kind Regards

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I use my connect into my Denon with no problems, are you possibly using the variable output function rather than the fixed one?

In variable mode the Sonos output level is controlled by the Sonos volume control. If you set the Sonos volume to 50% and then adjust the Denon's volume to where the sound level is acceptable you should be able to use either control to adjust the volume.

In fixed output mode the Sonos volume control has no impact on the output level and all volume control will be via the Denon. Make sure to turn the Denon's volume DOWN before switching modes! The wife and cat will appreciate that...
Dear Stanley
Thanks for your time!
I have no Idear about what mode I'm using - where do I set/see the parametre?
I'm connected through coax and fiber- and the 'problem' is the same independent of which I'm using
Kind Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This setting is in the Sonos App>Settings>Room Settings>{Your Connect}>Line-out Level
Setting it to Fixed gives you maximum output and means you control the volume entirely on your amp, just as (presumably) for other sources. If you set it to variable then you can control volume through the Sonos app, but would need the amp volume fairly high, which can be problematic if you forget and switch to another source such as a CD player. So it is a balance which is better, and depends on your setup.