Option to DISABLE Airplay or restrict access

• 19 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Since recent software update and Airplay support seems anyone on same wlan as my sonos can 'takeover' the system from YouTube/iOS devices to play whatever they are listening to, whilst its great that sonos now supports Airplay, please consider an option to disable this feature or restrict access to authorised sources/controllers, My kids have found it very entertaining that they can now control my sonos system irrespective of what is playing via Airplay.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I think this is quite a good suggestion, to switch off Airplay, as I’m sure not everyone wants to allow AirPlay across their LAN anyway. I think all the Apple devices may have the option to switch off, or protect, their beacon with a password. So I also see this as being worthy of consideration at some point in the future.
Badge +20
I have far too many Airplay 2 devices broadcast now on my network, so yes excellent suggestion.
Add another vote to disable airplay at the owners discretion. It also would be super wonderful to not let airplay devices begin playback at max volume (aka a volume limit for airplay playback).

Another vote to disable airplay. Very important for people who want to use Sonos in a public environment and don’t have the ability to add another network.

Another vote for disable Airplay and volume control. 

Sonos, I think you’re beginning to see a trend here!

Jus sayin...

Definitely need an option to disable AirPlay 2. We have multiple AirPlay 2 devices and the list is becoming unnecessarily long.