One SL speaker is buzzing at high volume

• 13 January 2021
  • 4 replies

hello. I have an Arc paired with two one SL as surrounds. One of the surrounds is buzzing when the volume in the movie gets loud. Purchased at Best Buy. Sounds like a blown speaker. It’s been like this since first installed. Do I bring it back to Best Buy or deal with Sonos direct. Thank you. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

hello. I have an Arc paired with two one SL as surrounds. One of the surrounds is buzzing when the volume in the movie gets loud. Purchased at Best Buy. Sounds like a blown speaker. It’s been like this since first installed. Do I bring it back to Best Buy or deal with Sonos direct. Thank you. 

I would try ‘perhaps’ a couple of other things first..

• unbond the speaker from the Arc and try it standalone using a different power outlet to see if the issue goes away. That will eliminate the noise coming from the power outlet.
  • If above doesn’t work then go onto try a factory reset of the device and add it back to the system and try it again, to help eliminate it being a software glitch.

Assuming the fault persists, I would maybe take a Sonos system diagnostic report and post it’s reference back here and contact/chat Sonos Support via this LINK to try to confirm the product is faulty and then either exchange it with Best Buy or Sonos using either warranty service.

Thank you for the quick reply. I’ll try your suggestions and repost with my findings. 

I would try ‘perhaps’ a couple of other things first..

• unbond the speaker from the Arc and try it standalone using a different power outlet to see if the issue goes away. That will eliminate the noise coming from the power outlet.
  • If above doesn’t work then go onto try a factory reset of the device and add it back to the system and try it again, to help eliminate it being a software glitch.

Assuming the fault persists, I would maybe take a Sonos system diagnostic report and post it’s reference back here and contact/chat Sonos Support via this LINK to try to confirm the product is faulty and then either exchange it with Best Buy or Sonos using either warranty service.

It’s my opinion that the speaker needs to be replaced.  Still buzzing and vibrating like a blown speaker. Can you tell me how to get it replaced. 

It’s my opinion that the speaker needs to be replaced.  Still buzzing and vibrating like a blown speaker. Can you tell me how to get it replaced. 

Yes as stated in my post above.. 

I would maybe take a Sonos system diagnostic report and post it’s reference back here and contact/chat Sonos Support via this LINK to try to confirm the product is faulty and then either exchange it with Best Buy, or Sonos, using either warranty service.