Answered

Not Impressed So Far With Sonos

• 28 November 2018
  • 11 replies

Badge
1st Problem
I ordered 2 Sonos One speakers on 11/22/2018 from the Sonos web site. The order process went without issues. I was sent an email that said what I was charged and that the product would be delivered and set up on 11/28/2018.
I also got an email from my credit card company saying there was a charge from Sonos that was an amount 20.81 larger than what my Sonos invoice said. I still don't understand how and why Sonos can actually charge more than they quoted me in their invoice.

2nd Problem
I received a 2nd email today reminding me of the following:

"Just a reminder, your Sonos delivery is today.
Your expert will call or text you prior to your delivery to confirm a precise time.
If your expert can't reach you, then they cannot deliver your product."

The on line status of the order has never changed from pending.
I have no idea how my expert is going to call or text me because I was never asked for my phone number.
I assume that my product will not be delivered today based on this information.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 November 2018, 16:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

[...] I assume that my product will not be delivered today based on this information.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

You will have to wait and see.
Presumably once Sonos pass the customer-order to the customers local 'reputable' parcel delivery service, like UPS etc. It’s really in the hands of that courier to get the parcel to you in good time, as agreed with you, the customer.

I would perhaps contact the parcel courier first, to try to establish any reasons for delay. If you remain unhappy, then perhaps contact Sonos via this link (below) at some later point and I’m sure they will be happy to chase things from their end, but I would give it a few more days after speaking with the courier directly:

Here’s how to get in touch with Sonos, should things ever get to that stage:
Contact Sonos Customer Care/Twitter (24/7) etc.
On the Sonos site, you can go to My Account -> Profile and add your phone number if it's not already there. I'm not sure if that's what the Expert will use to contact you, but it can't hurt. If you're concerned about leaving your number there, you can remove it after delivery.

As far as the extra charge, I would speculate that it is either tax (tax adjustment) or a service/installation fee. If it's not explainable, I'd give the sales support staff a call. But honestly, I wait a week or so to make that call, as I imagine they are overloaded this week.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Just to check: you're sure you purchased from the legitimate Sonos website? It looked like there were some scam sites around with 'sonos' in their website addresses. Also, at least in the UK, delivery of Sonos equipment ordered directly from the Sonos website does not come with any setup service.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Why would a Sonos "expert" be calling or texting on the day of delivery? Surely it is in the hands of a courier by now and you should have been given a courier tracking number or a link where you can obtain your tracking info.
Why would a Sonos "expert" be calling or texting on the day of delivery? Surely it is in the hands of a courier by now and you should have been given a courier tracking number or a link where you can obtain your tracking info.

I believe 'expert' is another word for installer. I haven't looked into the program, but I believe Sonos ships the product to a local installer, who will then deliver and install in your home at the appointed time.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I believe 'expert' is another word for installer. I haven't looked into the program, but I believe Sonos ships the product to a local installer, who will then deliver and install in your home at the appointed time.

That could be it, although I wasn't aware that Sonos sends people to install a pair of 1s. I have purchased directly from them just once (in Canada) and there was no offer to send anyone. I don't even think it's offered as an extra-fee service there, but I could be wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi McRob, our sales team is investigating this to see if there was some trouble that happened in the back end. The live install is handled by the company Enjoy, and if you have any issues at all, they're more than happy to help. You can contact them directly using the number 888-GOENJOY.

If they're not able to assist, please feel free to reach out to our support or sales lines here: 800-860-2345.
Badge
Thanks for all the input.

Here is what actually happened.
After making a phone call to Sonos on 11/28/2018 which started at 7:10 I finally got an agent to connect with after waiting for 20 minutes with music playing.
He saw that the amount that I was charged was different than what the invoice said in his system.
He said that a refund would be issued on the original credit card for the difference which would take from 12 to 15 days.
Now when I look on line I see that the billing amount has been changed to exactly match what I was charged.
I guess a refund will not be issued for the original difference. I am glad I kept copies of my original billing email.

The agent also made a note on my order for the Enjoy agent to call me on my phone to verify delivery.
Delivery did happen as quoted and went well.