No sound coming out of sonos move when connected tov Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via bluetooth

• 24 November 2021
  • 16 replies

I have connected my Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via Bluetooth to Sonos Move. Both devices say they are connected yet when I play a record no sound comes out of the Sonos move speaker, please can someone help ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7

What color is the light on the Bluetooth indicator? Is it solid blue or flashing blue? Also make sure the Output Select switch is set to LINE on the back of the turntable.

It is flashing and then makes a sound and turns to solid blue. I have OUTPUT SELECT switch is set to line. Only a faint sound coming out of the turntable itself…

Userlevel 7

Is the light on the Move solid blue? Have you adjusted the volume on the Move? Are you 100% certain that the Bluetooth device paired with the turntable is the Move or could it be paired with another Bluetooth device nearby?

Yes and yes. I have turned Bluetooth off on all other devices and turned on Bluetooth pairing on both the Sonos move and turn table at the same time and lights have turned solid at the same time so can’t imagine they’re connected to anything else.

Userlevel 7

Try deleting all information for paired devices on the turntable by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds and then releasing it. Then unplug the turntable from power for a couple of minutes and reboot the Move by following these steps:

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base.

Then redo the Bluetooth pairing process with the turntable and test again.

Hi there,

followed all your instructions successfully but the same problem still occurs…

Userlevel 7

Strange. I have a Move and the same turntable. I just paired them over Bluetooth and it worked perfectly.

When you put the turntable in pairing mode, are you pressing and holding the Bluetooth/pairing button on the turntable for about 2-3 seconds until the blue light is blinking rapidly? By “rapid” I mean like 2-3 blinks per second. Because if the blue light is just blinking slowly, the turntable isn’t in pairing mode.

Yes doing exactly that and tried again just now. Blinking 2-3 times a second and then pairs (Sonos move makes pairing sound) , try to play vinyl and no sound other than a faint one out of the turntable. Really irritating ! Haha 

Userlevel 7

Have you tried pairing the turntable to another Bluetooth speaker and pairing the Move to your phone over Bluetooth?

Was there any resolution to this? I have the Sony PS-LX310BT. I have had out connected via Bluetooth to both my Roam and Move. In neither case does music come out, despite a steady blue light indicating a connection! Very frustrating

Was there any resolution to this? I have the Sony PS-LX310BT. I have had out connected via Bluetooth to both my Roam and Move. In neither case does music come out, despite a steady blue light indicating a connection! Very frustrating

Did you check if your TT will connect to another BT speaker? - only @GuitarSuperstar mentions above in his post that he has the same TT and a ‘Sonos Move’ and it works fine in his case.. just wondering if there is an issue with your TT Bluetooth output? I would try to eliminate that issue first and if necessary perhaps speak to the Sony Support desk.

Thanks, Ken. Tried connecting with BT headphones and it didn’t work. I’ll call Sony

Hi does anyone have a fix for this?

My move will connect but no sound! Very frustrating as it connects to every other device I’ve tried before and the TT connects to my Bose soundlink 

Hi does anyone have a fix for this?

My move will connect but no sound! Very frustrating as it connects to every other device I’ve tried before and the TT connects to my Bose soundlink 

Looking back through the thread it appears @GuitarSuperstar has the same TT/Move setup and it’s working in his case - maybe it’s the firmware/hardware version on the Sony TT - I would do the same as @PolB and perhaps speak to Sony Support and see if they can suggest anything.

I had the same problem and then realised my schoolboy error……I forgot to take the white plastic protective cover off of the cartridge, so the needle wasn’t actually touching the record dog! Works just fine now!