Answered

No audio when using HDMI extractor output = HDMI e-arc + HDMI audio only

• 14 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi, I'm using old Samsung tv model (2013) no HDMI arc/e-arc. I bought a HDMI extractor where the input coming from Google Chromecast then two HDMI output. One output (HDMI e-arc) connected to the TV (non arc HDMI) then another output (HDMI audio only) directly to Sonos beam gen 2. There's no audio coming out from the beam. I tried to setup in Sonos app but i won't recognize any HDMI e-arc. I bought this product hoping that it's a better replacement for HDFury Arcana. Need help on this. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 14 January 2022, 18:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Does the extractor support CEC protocol pass-through too? If not, you might be best to use optical output (with the supplied Sonos adapter) for the extracted audio to the Beam instead, as HDMI-CEC protocol is part of the HDMI-ARC/eARC connection requirement for the Beam to work too, I believe.

The only other HDMI-eARC extractor device I’ve seen, besides the Arcana, is the Feintech VAX04101A

If you really have an HDMI extractor that has an eARC output then that is the one that should go to the Beam.

Could you post a link to the extractor you are using?

I'm using this device https://s.lazada.com.ph/s.VgK12 

If you really have an HDMI extractor that has an eARC output then that is the one that should go to the Beam.

Could you post a link to the extractor you are using?

Tried both hdmi with eArc and audio only to beam but no luck. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You say your TV has no arc/earc, so from the page, this will not work:

3)to Use ARC and EARC function, pls make sure your TV comes with HDMI ARC and Earc port.

I don’t personally think that particular audio extractor will work using it’s HDMI audio-out connection, as the Audio output (HDMI) that goes to the Beam does not use an ‘audio return channel’ (ARC/eARC), however the extractor should work with the optical adapter to provide DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1 audio.

Hi, I'm able to get DD 5.1 from the extractor but I can hear stuttering sound. It's like I'm skipping the video (even it's not). Any solution for that? I'm using Netflix from Google Chromecast.