Night Sounds for living room music

• 24 January 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
Will SONOS incorporate night sounds for the living room sound bar and sub? That would be a nice touch without so much base and also without going into setting.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Not sure what you mean by "incorporate night sounds". Sonos makes speakers/hardware, and the software associated with them. They don't make any content to play on the speakers, though. You could certainly set up some of your own sounds, and play them, but I guess you'd have to go into settings, at least once to set up an "alarm" which could play your designated sounds at a particular time.
Badge
Basically the same function that’s available for tv, but for when listening to music in the living room.
I'm unfamiliar with what is available for TV. Neither of my Vizio TV's provide something like that. Nor did the two Sony TV's that I replaced.

What kind of TV do you have?
Badge
It’s a function through SONOS when you have the sound bar and sub. It’s on night mode for the tv. I’m wishing they had it when I listen to music.
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
Hi Radeeo
I believe night mode knocks back the high volumes some while at the same time enhances speech and reduces the sub level.

When listening to music the same should be possible by just reducing the volume.
Ah, I wasn't understanding, my apologies. I don't think they've ever said that they're working on such a thing for music. But I do agree with Contemplative, you can do much the same on your own.

Basically, the "night mode" on the TV boosts the center channel. When playing music, there is no center channel to be boosted, so it would require some different effort and code.