new house Sonos installation

• 22 November 2020
  • 1 reply

i'm building a new house and want to use Sonos for front porch, back porch and TVs.  can i install a Sonos speaker in the front porch ceiling and then connect 4 non-Sonos speakers to the one Sonos speaker?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @emcamc.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Let me help you out with your inquiry.

can i install a Sonos speaker in the front porch ceiling and then connect 4 non-Sonos speakers to the one Sonos speaker? Yes you can. Allow me to shre with you the Sonos Amp limitation, specification, functionalities and guidelines to better understand how it works. The only thing we need to consider is that the Sonos Amp is capable of 125 Watts Oer channel @ 8 Ohms. As long as the speakers you are going to connect, fits this output capacoty of the Sonos Amp you will have no problems. I would also like to recommend contacting our sales team @ +18006802345 option 4 to know what to get and what to take advantage of.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,