Answered

network connection speed insufficient to maintain playback buffer - Spotify

When trying to use Spotify, I keep getting interrupted play and the error message "network connection speed insufficient to maintain playback buffer". I can stream radio stations just fine. Amazon Music does throw this message but it doesn't play the tracks smoothly.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 April 2019, 03:09

Note that this error is more about the speed between your speakers and your router, rather than the speed of your router's download capability. And the fact that it's on one kind of stream, and not another isn't all that unusual, actually. Each stream has a different tolerance for disconnects, so some streams will throw that error while others may not.

I'd take a good look at the wifi interference and implement as many of those solutions that might apply to you. After doing so, if none of them resolve your issue, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

View original

1 reply

Note that this error is more about the speed between your speakers and your router, rather than the speed of your router's download capability. And the fact that it's on one kind of stream, and not another isn't all that unusual, actually. Each stream has a different tolerance for disconnects, so some streams will throw that error while others may not.

I'd take a good look at the wifi interference and implement as many of those solutions that might apply to you. After doing so, if none of them resolve your issue, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings