Answered

Netflix, Pandora, and the Desktop App

• 13 March 2019
  • 1 reply

I have two Play Ones, and gaming PC with wifi and Bluetooth. With my desktop app I can play Pandora through the Sonos speakers. I have networked my computer to my ROKU TV and can play Netflix on the TV though my computer, but the audio is not shared with the speakers. Can I stream the Netflix audio through the speakers too?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 March 2019, 03:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Not easily. Netflix hasn't integrated the Sonos API in the same fashion that the Pandora folks have.

You'd need to get a Sonos device with a line-in, and connect it to your PC's headphone jack.....and then deal with the fact that an analog line-in on a Sonos device incurs a minimum of a 70ms delay before it plays on your speakers.

Devices that have an analog line in are: PLAY:5, CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP, Sonos Amp.

Or, if your PC has an optical or HDMI output that can push a stereo signal, or a Dolby Digital 5.1 signal, you could get a Sonos device with a digital input, and not have to pay that 70ms delay.

Devices that have a digital input are the PLAYBAR and PLAYBASE, which both have optical inputs, and the Beam, which has an HDMI-ARC input, along with an HDMI-ARC to Optical adapter.