Answered

My Sonos system won't connect to my iPhone, but has connected to all other devices.

• 1 May 2021
  • 1 reply

A few weeks ago my sonos system randomly stopped connecting to my phone. Today I reset everything, using another family member’s iphone, and it worked fine on there. I tried to connect on my iphone and it still said ‘cannot connect’ or that there isn't a sonos system on that Wi-fi. I managed connect fine on my laptop, so it is clearly my phone… but I have done everything in settings to allow permissions etc. and it still won’t find the system (and the system settings options on the app are greyed out!). If anyone else has had this issue, please could you help me fix it because I have tried everything and the system seems to be working fine… but I can't see the problem with my phone/wifi either. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Xander P 3 May 2021, 10:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @lucie.ah, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you using a BT Smart Hub 2 by any chance? If so, we’re aware of an issue that BT are working on resolving, which seems to cause difficulty, particularly with iOS devices, in finding Sonos on the network.

For more information regarding this, please see here;

If you’re using a different model of router, then another potential issue is the use of “Private Addressing" on your iPhone - this gives the iPhone a randomised hardware address on each new network, but can lead to issues in connecting to Sonos - you can find out how to disable this feature here.

Let us know if this helps!