Answered

My partner set up our Sonos One. how can i sign in?

My partner set up our Sonos One. how can i sign in?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 10 July 2019, 15:02

Sign in? As long as you are connected to the same network there is no need to sign in. You can download the Sonos app, launch it, then choose "Connect to an existing system". There are certain menus in the Settings area that will require the username/password of the Sonos account used to setup, but you can use all the other features right away.
View original

10 replies

Thanks everyone for your replies. In the end, Bruce's link proved most helpful as it showed me how to access my music, once it was added. I also appreciate controlav confirming that I can't sign in. So now I know I should stop trying. Cheers
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2757?language=en_US
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You can't. The Sonos Alexa skill doesn't understand more than one user per service.
Thanks for your reply. I don't have a problem accessing Sonos features.

I'm keen to sign in so that Sonos can start learning my listening preferences. That's why I don't want to use the same login as my partner.
Perhaps you mean add your own login to various music services? There is no AI in Sonos so that it would learn your music preferences, that would all be handled by the services you connect to Sonos.
Thanks Bruce I've already added the music service. My problem is in adding the voice service. The existing voice service is registered under my wife, and I have no ability to sign in unless I do so under her account, which I don't want to do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks everyone for your replies. In the end, Bruce's link proved most helpful as it showed me how to access my music, once it was added. I also appreciate controlav confirming that I can't sign in. So now I know I should stop trying. Cheers
Just to add some other information about this and I'm still not sure if the OP's real question has been answered - please confirm?

I'm assuming that you are using Alexa for Voice Control on the Sonos One?

If so, it is possible within the Alexa App to create an Amazon Household and link multiple Accounts/Profiles - Please see https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-2?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201628040&qid=1563261380&sr=1-2

If each account has different settings then using the command 'Alexa, Switch Account' will toggle between them. (You will need to add the SuperSet of Music Sources across the two Alexa Accounts within the Sonos App) One thing to note though is that all the accounts added to an Echo device will be able to order items from Amazon using the original user’s credit card. So if this is an issue: Set your Echo to require a password to confirm purchases.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
But UKMedia how does that help with Sonos/Alexa integration? A Sonos account can only be paired with a single Alexa account, so if Alexa is switched to the "other" account then Sonos control will not work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Works with me. I can only assume that the Sonos to Alexa account linking remains when switching to other household accounts. (Hence the credit card issue)
Sign in? As long as you are connected to the same network there is no need to sign in. You can download the Sonos app, launch it, then choose "Connect to an existing system". There are certain menus in the Settings area that will require the username/password of the Sonos account used to setup, but you can use all the other features right away.