Question

My Mac book refused to let sonos connect to it

• 11 August 2019
  • 4 replies

I am trying to add my music from iTunes on my mac to listen through the sonos system, but the message above keeps coming up.
My firewall is not turned on, so i can not adjust anything there.
I have tried to delete the library and then retry loading it, but i get that message, once i go past the lock window.
On my old mac book pro everything worked fine ( i had to replace this with a new mac book, because of a motherboard failure), but no luck on my new one ??

Please help

Steve

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Thanks Bruce, I will do
So, I’m willing to bet replacing the motherboard in some way changed either the “name” of the Mac, or the IP address that it’s “known” as.

I’m not at home to check on my Mac to give you better assistance, and it’s been quite a while since I’ve poked around in that area, so I think I will recommend that you contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.
Hey Bruce,

Thank you for the quick response.

Sorry, the message was in the question.

So basically i get a error box that comes up after trying to load my music onto sonos.
It says "sonos was unable to add the music folder". then under that it says "The computer refused to let sonos connect to it"
I am running macOS Mojave 10.14.6 on my Mac
I am running 10.3 on my sonos system
I do not have the old Macbook, as it had a motherboard issue, so replaced it with my current Macbook Pro.
Before i sent my old Mac in for repair, I carried out a time machine backup.
I then transferred all the information on the time machine to my new Macbook.
I take your point regarding old and new locations and possible confusion. How would i go about trying to rectify that ?

Thanks in advance

Steve
Steve,

Can you be a bit more clear about the error message you're getting? "That message" isn't helpful, it would be nice to have exactly what the system is telling you.

It also would be helpful to know what version of OSX you're using, as well as which version of the Sonos controller app.

Finally, what's the "name" of your new computer? Is your old MacBook Pro still on the network? I'm wondering if you're attempting to have Sonos connect to the old location of the music, with the old Mac's name, rather than pointing it to the correct location on your new Mac.