Answered

Muziek hapert soms

Ik heb sinds enkele maanden een beam en een sonos 1. Op zich erg tevreden, maar soms hapert de muziek (ook op beide apparaten tegelijk). Ik heb ze gekoppeld middels google wifi en heb al gelezen dat het misschien beter is 1 van de apparaten bedraad te verbinden met internet. In mijn geval niet zo makkelijk te realiseren met bekabeling waardoor ik graag wil weten of het probleem uberhaupt in de wifi sterkte zit. Kan ik hiervoor een diagnose verzenden?
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 January 2019, 11:48

rbklaassen wrote:

Thanks Ken. So, just did this diagnose: 509528392. Just curious about the results, because wifi spots are very nearby the sonos devices. I also have relatives that use sonos in combination with google wifi without any problems.
Then again, if wiring is the best solution, I would definitely go for that. That means pulling cables again :)

Can you check this diagnose?

I don’t work for Sonos, so I cannot see your diagnostic, personally speaking, but hopefully one of Sonos Staff who use the community here may pick up your post and check it for you. You may need to wait to see if that happens. Otherwise you can formally ask them through the Sonos Twitter account and refer them to this post.

See the link below to contact Sonos, via Twitter, if that becomes necessary...

Contact Sonos Customer Care/Twitter (24/7) etc.

View original

5 replies

Translation
I have had a beam and a sonos for a few months 1. In itself very satisfied, but sometimes the music falters (also on both devices at the same time). I've paired them with google wifi and have already read that it might be better to connect one of the devices to the internet. In my case not so easy to realize with cabling so I would like to know if the problem is in the wifi strength. Can I send a diagnosis for this?
(You can perhaps translate the answer below by pasting it into Google Translate)
(U kunt het antwoord hieronder misschien vertalen door het in Google Vertalen te plakken)

Answer
Yes a diagnostic is always useful to the staff here. See below link and post the reference back here:
Submit System Diagnostics

When using a mesh system like google WiFi it is best to wire one Sonos device to your google hub... this will switchover the Sonos system to SonosNet... you can check it has switched by going to the 'About my Sonos System' area in the Sonos App settings... each entry there will have WM:0 next to all the devices in the list.

It’s then best to do two further things...

1. Check your 'SonosNet channel' in the Sonos App Advanced Settings is set on a different channel to your Google Hubs 2.4ghz WiFi channel... try to get them set apart as far as you can.

2. Also goto Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup in the Sonos App and reset/remove your WiFi credentials as these are not required when running your Sonos Speakers on SonosNet.

Note: If you have another router (perhaps supplied by your internet provider) that starts your network, then ensure that it’s WiFi is also switched off

Hopefully that will stop the music from faltering/dropping out.👍
Thanks Ken. So, just did this diagnose: 509528392. Just curious about the results, because wifi spots are very nearby the sonos devices. I also have relatives that use sonos in combination with google wifi without any problems.
Then again, if wiring is the best solution, I would definitely go for that. That means pulling cables again :)

rbklaassen wrote:

I don’t work for Sonos, so I cannot see your diagnostic, personally speaking, but hopefully one of Sonos Staff who use the community here may pick up your post and check it for you. You may need to wait to see if that happens. Otherwise you can formally ask them through the Sonos Twitter account and refer them to this post.

See the link below to contact Sonos, via Twitter, if that becomes necessary...

Contact Sonos Customer Care/Twitter (24/7) etc.
Thanks again Ken, had some contact via twitter and tried to wire it. Listened to music for about 4 hours without any problems. Should do the trick in my case!
Ah thanks for letting me know, glad it now seems to be okay. If you do intend to leave the system wired and running on SonosNet, then don’t forget to remove your WiFi credentials in the App too, as mentioned earlier.

All the best and thanks for the update. 👍

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings