Question

Music drops off with Tidal

I just added the Tidal service to improve the sound quality by upping the bit rate. However, when streaming music, there is a drop off and erratic playing in some Sonos speakers. This dropping off has happened periodically in the past but it is clearly a problem with the higher bit rate. This defeats the goal of higher quality.

3 replies

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you losing sound completely while playing Tidal? Or is the volume reducing a percentage less that 100%, and then recovering?

Perhaps if you were to submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at, they might be able to track down an issue and assist you in fixing it. I'd do it within 10 minutes of you perceiving this "drop off" that you speak of, so that the data is in the log files that are submitted. And be sure to post the diagnostic number here, so they know what they're looking for.
Hi Bruce, I have been working with support. We decided connections could be better so I hired an electrician and got a number of components ethernet wired. A diagnostic showed improved results. I still have two subs and a couple of other components that are wireless. Anyway, once again I experienced drop offs when I was in a "play all" mode. Very frustrating after once again pouring more money into the situation. Here is the latest diagnostic number. 8225569.
Well, Support would have access to that data, I certainly don't. Hope they can get you straightened out ASAP.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)