Question

Multiple line-in sources

• 21 July 2017
  • 6 replies

I would like to put a Play-5 in room #1, and another Play-5 in room #2. Room #1 has a CD player and Room #2 has a TV with an analog line output. Physically, I can plug the CD player into the line in of Play-5 #1 and I can plug the TV into the line in of Play-5 #2. If I do that, is there a way the system will let me select something like "Line-in from room #1" or "Line-in from room #2"?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Yes that's exactly what you do. You could even play the Room 1 line in through the room 2 speaker while playing the room 2 line in through the room 1 speaker!
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Yes, should work without any problems, showing what I think is the best thing about Sonos.
This is what I am trying to do but on one of my Play 5's I can't select 'Line-In'. Line In is only visible on one of the Play 5's. thanks in advance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This is what I am trying to do but on one of my Play 5's I can't select 'Line-In'. Line In is only visible on one of the Play 5's. thanks in advance.

Note that you need something actually plugged in to the Line In port for it to appear in the controller. Just a cable will do, even if there’s nothing at the other end.
Thank you for the response. I thought I had something plugged in but maybe I don't but I will double check.