Answered

Multiple Accounts on the Same Sonos System

• 2 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi,

My husband and I have separate paid google play accounts (with our own preferences in each). We've recently updated the sonos app and are having difficulties to set up two sonos accounts to be used on our home system (one playbar and several play 1 around the house).

Further on, once google assistant is available in Poland (it's not available for us over here yet!), will it be able to recognize our different google accounts?

Any advice on how to set up multiple sonos accounts on the same sonos system? We don't want to mix our music preferences / configs under the same sonos account.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by John B 2 June 2019, 12:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

You should be able to simply go into My Music Services, Add Another Account and do this twice. You will be asked to give each account a nickname (I suggest using your own names). If you do this using your own phones you should be able to specify that the app defaults to the right account on your own controller.

No idea about voice control I'm afraid!
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Voice control is generally challenging with multiple music or Sonos accounts, triply so in non-US countries.
Thanks! Adding another account in the music services is a good work around since it looks like there can't actually be two sonos account for the same sonos system. I looked around and it seems like it's not possible... the controller needs to be under one login, from what I understood.

We're expats, so we use the voice control in English, which enhances the service anyway... but the delay in making the google assistant on sonos available over here is quite disappointing.

Thanks again!
Hi. I don't think adding more Google Play Music accounts is a workaround, it's the solution. You are correct that you cannot have multiple Sonos accounts on a system but you don't need them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yea its not a work around its the way it works.

Then when you go into controller and pick Google Play Music - the top header shows you the account your working with (and it saves the last used by controller so if you change to yours your phone always shows it).