Answered

Move Charging Question

• 11 January 2020
  • 8 replies

Is it OK to leave the Move on its charger full time?   Will over charging diminish long term battery life like it does to cell phones?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 12 January 2020, 00:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

No.  And it doesn’t for cell phones either, not since lithium ion batteries came into play.

Terrific.  Thanks so much.

It seems VERY difficult to get a USB C charger that works with Move. I have tryed a few different. At present I have a KSW Kingdo 75W charger, that gives an output from one to the 2 USB C of 60W, why will this charger not work?

It seems that Sonos will only have us work with their own devices. Why have they offered this possibility of using USB C if they not provide the right kind of charger.

Any recommendations for a usb c charger that works with the move? I’ve just bought a Anker powerport 45w usb c Pd - the move battery just flashes red. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I use this one... 

RAVPower USB C Charger, 61W Wall Charger PD 3.0 [GaN Tech] Type C Quick Charger, Compatible with iPhone 11 Pro Max, MacBook Pro Air, Ipad Pro 2018, Nintendo Switch https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083JB6BGL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RcbuFbBB98S9S

although I paid £19.99 for it a couple of months ago, not £32.99

i bought a usb-c to usb-c cable separately

it works fine

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Any recommendations for a usb c charger that works with the move? I’ve just bought a Anker powerport 45w usb c Pd - the move battery just flashes red. 

Doesn’t the battery flashing red mean that it’s charging?

I’ll try that. A flashing red means an error

The above Ravpower works.