Answered

Move battery

• 16 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi Sonos

I’m new and love your products. I’ve just bought a beam and one and have now bought a move and 2 further ones as surrounds. 

The move seems like a great product. Expensive, but suits a number of my needs. My question:  How long is Sonos committed to stocking replacement batteries for the Move for? Do you for instance still stock spares for some legacy products?. I don’t want to invest in the speaker now and then find out in 4 years when the battery permanently dies  (which it will) that you no longer sell replacements.

As a solution, I’d be tempted to buy an additional battery now but am not sure how best to manage this for its lifespan. Should I alternate the batteries e.g swap out each month or just put the 2nd one in in approx 4 years time when the first one dies? I see this is a question a lot of people have alluded to, but haven’t seen it answered as yet.

Thanks a lot ! 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 April 2021, 01:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sonos has committed to maintaining software for speakers for at least 5 years past the point in time that they stop selling them on the Sonos website.

I’d assume that they would have a similar commitment to selling batteries for the Move….and would also expect that if, after 5 years of not selling the Move anymore (no idea when that would be, though), there would likely be third party vendors that would be able to supply replacements long after Sonos stops selling them.

Badge

Thanks, that’s what I’ve read about their products but not so sure about the battery - which may be essentially treated like an accessory. Also not sure on the third parties. If you look at the move, the replacement battery is moulded to the shape and has plastic casing. It’s not just going to be like swapping out a piece of metal.

If there’s an opportunity for profit, you’ll see a third party make them. But I would expect higher quality directly from Sonos.