Question

Move Alarm working if box is turned off?

• 11 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Hey, 

I'm currently on vacation and forgot to disable the alarm. But there are two types of "power on" standby and off. Is the Alarm working when I turn the Sonos Move Box completely off?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No. It should, I think, in standby, but off is off. You should test!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Related questions. I was travelling with my Move. Using it in Bluetooth mode. The alarm I’d set at home woke me up at my normal time, 6am. BTW, I’m on vacation, so I had no intention of getting up that early. It is comforting to know that, at home, if my wifi is down momentarily, the Move alarm ought to still trigger. Am I correct in that assessment, that the Move alarm will trigger in the absence of wifi with the Sonos chime? Yes, I can test it, but better than that, is that the way Sonos Move was designed?

However, there seems to be no way to disable the alarm unless I am at home, on my home Sonos system. Is there a workaround? Obviously, the simple way is to turn the Move off entirely (press/hold power button). But it seems the alarm will continue until I get back home (2 weeks) unless I remember to turn off the Move each evening.