More detailed information about songs, albums, and artists

• 19 May 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi there,
I'd like to request that more information be made available about the song, album and artist in the information dialog of the Controller app on Mac and iOS. If Sonos felt that providing more information was too confusing for some users, it'd be nice to offer an "advanced" interface to offer up the additional information to include items such as "Year ", "Composer", "Album Artist", "File type", "Bit Rate", "Sample Rate".

At times, I want to play an artist's catalogue in chronological order, or see the when albums were released to pick an older, or newer album. At present, that means going to Wikipedia to look at the discography before queueing up albums manually.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, thank you for your post. This is a great suggestion and I can definitely see the benefit of it. I will be sure to forward it to the necessary department. Do let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.
Hi there, thank you for your post. This is a great suggestion and I can definitely see the benefit of it. I will be sure to forward it to the necessary department. Do let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.

Hi Edward, wondering if there is any talk on Sonos end with regard to an advanced interface. It’s so very frustrating to still not have the ability to reference album release dates. Per above you had passed the suggestion along, just curious if you have heard anything.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, p1guzzetta. Unfortunately, when we pass along these suggestions, we ourselves often do not find out until release is imminent (if at all). I can reiterate the suggestion though, for sure. Do let us know if you have any further questions.