Answered

Missing/Dropping Zones

• 2 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

In the last 24hrs, I have 2 zones (Play3 and One) that drop from my system.

I’ve had a stable system for well over a year.

I’ve rebooted Router/Boost/Zones, all to no avail.

I managed to get them to reconnect briefly but then they drop and have the red dot (not connected) in app, along with the spanner.

Submitted Diagnostics this morning ID:816140655

Moderator edit: Combined posts.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 February 2023, 11:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @CocoPops 

Thanks for your post!

My initial thought is that your Boost and router are too close to each other - please keep them at least 1m apart to minimise interference. Something is certainly interfering with the Boost.

If the Boost is not wired directly into your router, please do so.

The Boost is also reporting a large amount of multicast packets being sent it's way, despite none of those packets being destined for a Sonos device. I recommend enabling IGMP Snooping/Filtering on your router - if it has no such options, then I recommend fitting an IGMP-capable network switch (available for about £$€40) between the router and Boost.

I can’t tell which channel your WiFi is on (the speakers haven’t done a scan for a while), but SonosNet is on channel 6, so if your WiFi is not on channels 1 or 11, please make it so.

It may also help to go round your speakers and ensure none are affected by interference. Please see our Reducing wireless interference help page.

I hope this helps.