Answered

mini sub

• 6 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi all

I have received my mini sub today and added it  to a pair of one SL’s in my kitchen.

They are at opposite ends of the room to each other approximately 19ft apart.

when sitting at my dining table close to the sub all is well but when sitting away from the sub at my kitchen island bass is dramatically reduced.

Would this suggest the mini sub may be too small for a 19ft x 14ft room or maybe down to positioning.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Jason.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 October 2022, 01:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi all

I have received my mini sub today and added it  to a pair of one SL’s in my kitchen.

They are at opposite ends of the room to each other approximately 19ft apart.

when sitting at my dining table close to the sub all is well but when sitting away from the sub at my kitchen island bass is dramatically reduced.

Would this suggest the mini sub may be too small for a 19ft x 14ft room or maybe down to positioning.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Jason.

Have you tried increasing the Sub volume-level in the settings of the room that it’s bonded to? - Also positioning a Sub on the floor in a corner of a room can often be quite effective too, but perhaps try it in different locations to suit your own preference, aligned to your regular listening position in the room.

I would also try the room speaker setup with Trueplay ‘enabled’ and ‘disabled’, aswell as adjusting the room EQ settings, to see which sound output perhaps suits your own preference.

Full disclosure: I don’t have any first person experience with MINI SUB.

My guess is that the room is a little large, but the major issue is the position of MINI SUB and the listener.

Here’s a recent discussion of a position issue.

Hi all

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

So got home this afternoon and moved the sub just over 2 feet into the corner (goodbye plant) and re-tuned trueplay and what a difference.

I can now hear and feel the bass where ever I sit.

Thanks again Jason.