May you please add dual mono option to the sonos port? Pretty please.

• 9 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello Sonos team.

To get right to the point, I have a very specific scenario that meets me quite often where I set up ultra high-end set ups for clients with systems consisting of two separate monoblock amplifiers for their speakers, (one for each channel,) or four separate monoblocks, (two for each channel. Sometimes even more.) I always upgrade their system to connect over WiFi using the Sonos port, simply because it’s the most ideal of your line of products in terms of what it allows my clients system to do. One of the reasons why clients want a port for each channel is to retain symmetry in the look of their system, as well as not having to have a little Sonos port sitting in between two massive amplifiers, as some people simply have their amps resting an inch above the floor. Giving them the ability to switch between either having their speaker play as left/right or mono using only their phone when one Sonos port is used for each channel would be incredibly helpful to these situations. Although, the reason I finally decided to write about this is due to the current client i am helping. He just purchased a handful of Sonus Faber speaker towers and just as many Krell audio monoblock   amps and wants to have just one paired with it’s own amp in each room he puts them in. For this to make sense, there would have to be mono speakers and of course, connected over WiFi as a multi room system. If it wouldn’t be too much, can you please please please add the function? Thank you for your time and sorry for any inconvenience.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Daniel_Fajkis.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would be more than happy to forward this feedback to our engineering team as a feature request. However, I would like to set your expectation that this may or may not be a part of the next update. To be up-to-date with the new features and feature request, I would like to suggest subscribing to this thread for you to be updated on your feature request and try subscribing to our announcements for you to be up-to-date with the latest features and product release of Sonos.

Please feel free to send us more feedback and feature request. We appreciate it a lot.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, we are ready to help.

Thanks,

Wonderful, then I’ll be looking forward to the next update, even if it may not add the dual mono support. Thank you for your response and consideration.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Daniel_Fajkis.

Thanks for the immediate response.

If you still have further Ideas or feedback that you want to share, please do not hesitate to reach out and we’ll be more than happy to send them up to our engineering team. We highly appreciate feedback and feature requests.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, we are ready to help.

Thanks,

I would also like to see dual mono output from the port.