Question

lost choice of artist, song or album search

• 25 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

I have got up this morning and gone to turn on some music and found that I have lost the options of looking up music by artist, song, album etc. the only options coming up are podcasts or stations. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have not changed anything since yesterday. Is there something I can do to retrieve these?

4 replies

In addition to this, when I go to browse, radio is the only option. Nothing else comes up. 

Try rebooting your router, followed by rebooting your speaker(s). 

Thanks. Did that, then teenage daughter got up and told me that Sonos has dropped our Spotify connection and therefore the options aren’t showing. Go to reconnect it and all that comes up is an error. Sounds sus

Sus? I don’t know what that means. 

It does seem like your speakers have lost the ability to connect properly to the internet. If the router reboot didn’t work, I would try removing the Spotify account, and re-adding it back in, to force a new handshake between your Sonos and Spotify. But I’d also be thinking about background updates to things like virus programs, or even firewalls that might be blocking the ability for the speakers to reach out to Spotify. 

And I’d be considering the option to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.