Question

Unable to play Beat 106 Scotland through Alexa - listen.m3u

• 16 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I used to be able to listen to Beat 106 Scotland via Alexa on my Sonos devices but now none of them work.  The service is enabled through Amazon Alexa.

When in the Sonos app, I receive this error

Unable to play ‘listen.m3u’ - the song is not encoded correctly.

I have tried adding the radio station through Tune In by adding the URL but it still doesn’t work.

Hope someone can help or shed some light as to why it no longer works.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @emz1980, thank you for reaching us out and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue and all your effort in checking for the resolution. Let me help you with this.

I'd like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

Do you use your Amazon account in another home or location?
Are you getting an error when you asked Alexa to play music?
When you ask Alexa about time and the weather, did she respond correctly?

Let me suggest the following steps to see if this would work for you. I know that you have performed the troubleshooting below, it would be best to follow it step by step.

1. Open the Alexa app on your iOS or Android device.
  2. Open the menu in the top left and tap on Skills & Games > Your Skills > Sonos > Disable Skill.
  3. Deregister your Sonos speaker from Alexa by following the instructions on Amazon's website: Deregistering a device.
  4. Disable Voice Control in the Sonos app. From the Settings tab, tap Services and select Amazon Alexa under Voice. Select the voice-enabled speaker from the list of Sonos Products, and tap Remove Alexa.
  5. Log out of all Amazon Apps on the mobile device, including the Amazon app, Alexa app and Amazon.com in your mobile browser.
    • To sign out of the Amazon mobile app:
      • On Android devices, open the app and tap Menu > Your Account > Sign Out.
      • On iOS devices, open the app and tap the menu icon in the top-left corner, and then choose Settings > "Not [name]?"
  6. Using the Sonos app, complete Alexa setup again. Follow the steps to log into the appropriate Amazon account when prompted to do so.
  7. Once completed, try giving Alexa another command.

If you're still having the same issue after checking the steps above, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to remotely connect to your device to further assist you with this and to provide the best option for you.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

You're always welcome here.